The Pagan Book of Living and Dying. By Starhawk.
“Growing from the smaller, self-published Reclaiming book, Crossing Over, The Pagan Book of Living and Dying (HarperSanFrancisco, 1997) is a compendium of information on coping with death and dying. It provides valuable and compassionate guidance for dealing with such varying situations as deaths of small children, of parents, and deaths in battle or by violence.
Birth, growth, death and rebirth are a cycle that forms the underlying order of the universe. This is the core of Pagan belief — and the heart of this unique resource guide to death and the process of dying. Filled with encouragement, strength and inspiration, The Pagan Book of Living and Dying is an invaluable source of both spiritual counsel and very practical tools and techniques for:
• honoring and caring for a dying person
• grieving a beloved relative, partner or friend
• planning a funeral or memorial service
• distributing personal possessions and making room in the home for a loved one’s memory
• understanding and mourning specific types of death
• providing final instructions for one’s own death, and much more”
5.9″ x 9.2″